Reaction to Legalism.
The project uses the punishment/reward principles of the Chinese philosophy of Legalism. Collaborative compliance is rewarded, non-collaboration is punished, individualism ignored.
Ples Stereotypically pleasant videos and sounds.
UnPles Stereotypically unpleasant videos and sounds.
Ples+ Brighter, more vibrant pleasant videos and sounds.
MMc MaKey MaKey circuit completion
PosRef Affirmation of intended action, positive reinforcement.
- When no one is around, the project sits dormant, but is always scanning
- Once one or more people are detected, it triggers the slow transition into Ples
- If only one person is detected, the state remains in Ples
- If there are more than one person detected, it triggers a timer.
- After a specified length of time, set to the timer, there is a slow crossfade to UnPles
- If MMc, before UnPles, then the slow crossfade to Ples+
- If MMc after UnPles, then slow crossfade to Ples+
- Upon MMc, PosRef.
Now that all that is down on paper, I can use it as a reference for building the interface. It works great as a checklist of actors.